Monday, August 11, 2008

Quotes about my feelings...

As I am browsing over the internet, it is always my past time to look on some quotable quotes. Sometimes we cannot speak about our feelings even to the closest pal you may ever have. It is hard to find the right words for the feelings you have inside. Although, there are times you think you can open up to somebody but there will always be some missing pieces to what you might be saying to that person. I think for me that is always true. I am a person who looks as if I do not carry any heavy loads. I am a very jolly person and at times, I talk a lot of nonsense. But my true feelings always lurks inside of me. I find my refuge to the mightiest of us all, that is God. I just let Him rule my life even when I was young and until now, I still do the same.
It is a given fact that a newborn child has to cry, for only in this way will his lungs expand. A doctor once told me of a child who could not breathe when it was born. In order to make it breathe the doctor gave it a slight blow. The mother must have thought the doctor cruel. But he was really doing the kindest thing possible. As with newborn children the lungs are contracted, so are our spiritual lungs. But through suffering God strikes us in love. Then our lungs expand and we can breathe and pray.

Here are some of the quotes I find in the internet:

Chip Brogden: It is not a question of God allowing or not allowing things to happen. It is part of living. Some things we do to ourselves, other things we do to each other. Our Father knows about every bird which falls to the ground, but He does not always prevent it from falling. What are we to learn from this? That our response to what happens is more important than what happens. Here is a mystery: one man’s experience drives him to curse God, while another man’s identical experience drives him to bless God. Your response to what happens is more important than what happens.
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.
Dr. Meredith Grey: Pain, you just have to ride it out, hope it goes away on its own, hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers, you just breath deep and wait for it to subside. Most of the time pain can be managed but sometimes the pain gets you where you least expect it. Hits way below the belt and doesn't let up. Pain, you just have to fight through, because the truth is you can't outrun it and life always makes more.
Many of our emotional problems, and the pain connected with them, will be replaced by peace if we learn the art of divine acceptance. There have been several milestones of acceptance in my life that led me from emotional pain to peace. There's a lot of truth in the old adages such as not crying over spilt milk. Sometimes we just have to accept the fact that the milk is gone, but then we can always get a refill and proceed with a determination to not spill it the second time round.
If you are reading these lines and feel a need to share suppressed emotions, but cannot because you feel that you can trust no one to not hurt you then the solution is to let the mind assume control and tell yourself: "If I suffer pain because I trust another with my feelings it will not be as bad as the emptiness I now feel because I hide them. Therefore, I will share my innermost feelings, even at the risk of pain. Some pain mixed with pleasure is much better than non-existence."
Life is always less painful to one who communicates than to one who does not. In one way of looking at it we could say: "All emotional pain is an indication of a failure to communicate."

No comments: